Updated January 7, 2022
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “Lab Advisor” refer to Lab Advisor, LLC, a New York entity located at 418 Broadway, STE N, Albany, NY 12207, United States. The term “you” refers to the person using this Service. If you are using this Service on behalf of a business, that business accepts these Terms, and the term “you” also refers to that business.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use ItWe may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We may use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, monitor usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, display relevant advertising, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still may be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
- Account Information: When you create a Lab Advisor account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, country, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process. We may, if you consent, create a profile for you with content you supply such as a Display Name and Avatar. We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience. You can modify most of your account information through your Account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your personal information, you can request its removal by contacting us.
- Professional Information: If you share it, we may collect information about your professional background such as your professional history or specialties.
- Public Content: If you post public content to the Service such as reviews, ratings, revisions to company pages and product/service pages, or questions and answers, then these are intended for public display and are therefore viewable by the public.
2. How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers: We use third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with the Service, such as hosting, security and fraud prevention, payment processing, messaging, marketing, technical and user support, monitoring usage of the Service, and other functions. They are obligated to not disclose or use your information for any other purpose. We share your information with them only as necessary to perform their services or complete your requests.
- Content Partners: If you submit public content as described in the “Public Content” section above, then you grant us an authorization to publicly share it and sub-license the content according to our Terms of Service.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement request; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
4. SecurityWe have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us.
For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information that you do not publish on the Service, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized personnel have access to personal information that you have not published on the Service. In addition, we, together with our partners, employ intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your non-public information.
Please bear in mind that any method of storage, or submission of information over the Internet, is never entirely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security given that it is in transit over the Internet.
5. Children’s PrivacyThe Service is intended for general audiences and does not offer services directed to individuals under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Service or on or through any of its features, do not register on this Service, use any of the interactive or comment features of this Service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. Should an individual whom we know to be under the age of 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe we might have this type of information, please contact us.
7. Nevada ResidentsNevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. Lab Advisor does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law.
8. European ResidentsIf you are a resident or are otherwise located in the territory of Europe, this section provides additional details about the personal data we collect about you, and your rights granted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Subject to certain limitations, the GDPR provides you the following privacy rights:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your personal information. However, if you have questions or concerns you can contact us using the information at the end of this document.
- Right of access, objection, restriction of processing, erasure, and portability. You can make a request to access, object, restrict, erase, or transfer any of your personal data by contacting us. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent.
- Right to opt-out to direct marketing. You have the right to opt-out at any time to receiving marketing materials from us by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial emails, by contacting us, or by adjusting your preferences on the Service. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your Lab Advisor account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement. Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found here.
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA and Switzerland only). Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this policy will depend on the type of information and the context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your express consent to do so
- Where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will identify such a basis for processing at the relevant time and let you know if the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences associated with not providing such information).
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will typically be to operate our Service, communicate with you in relation to your account or the Service, to solicit information from you, including through surveys, to share aggregated information with providers of listed products or services and other licensees of our research and report offerings, to measure interest in and improve our offerings and Service, to engage in marketing activities, and to otherwise customize your experience with Lab Advisor.
Write to us:
Lab Advisor, LLC. 418 Broadway, STE N, Albany, NY 12207, USA.